Skip to main content

Happy 1st Birthday Isabelle Lilly!!!

Happy 1st Birthday Isabelle Lilly!!! 

 

She's A Wild One

I can't believe my baby's one! The last 12 months have gone by so quick it's unreal. It's crazy to think how far she's come and all she's achieved in a year. I look back at photos of the day she was born and it feels like it was yesterday. I've been making baby photo albums for her and its surreal looking back at photos from a few months ago to see her face has changed so much that it's almost like looking at a different baby. The rate of development is outstanding to me. That she went from not being able to do a single thing for herself to have learnt to talk and walk ect all in one year! I'm so proud of her and all she is. She is the greatest gift in the world. I love being her mum. It's been my best year yet because it's my first year as a mum! Happy 1st Birthday baby girl! <3

She's had more of a birthday week. We celebrated early with family and friends. We took her to Colchester Zoo and she loved it so much mainly because she was getting lots of attention from everyone. She really liked the play area the most but would stare at the animals with her arms outstretched to try and touch them, it was so cute! We also took her to Old McDonalds Farm with her auntie Missy and cousin Kaine. This was the 2nd time she'd been and she loved it just as much as before. She happily fed the animals, went on fairground rides and played with her cousin. It was a great day that everyone enjoyed.

Isabelle Lilly's ONEderland

I love her little laugh :)
That half smile tho :')

She Loves her new trike


Dancing! :')
She LOVES to dance!

She started her actual birthday off by opening presents of course! The look on her face when she saw them is priceless! She came tearing round the corner into the living room when she stopped dead as she saw the mountain of presents. She instantly smiled and picked one up. We filmed her opening them and it was so sweet how she'd sit on my lap and smile at each gift. At this age she mainly tried to eat everything and played with the empty boxes though haha The whole family came round and she had a fantastic day. The morning was my fav part because I loved watching her open her gifts, then everyone singing happy birthday to her & blowing out her birthday candle is my second favourite :)

Isn't she lovely, made from love
 
I had a poster made for her with all of her first milestones. It's so beautiful I couldn't be happier with it! I think it's such a unique gift that she will cherish forever. To have a keepsake that shows all her firsts is really special. I've had a smaller version of the poster made and it's framed and hanging in her bedroom. It's gonna be so nice to reflect back on what she was doing when she was one when she's older.




The theme was unicorns, baby pink and gold. I decided to make her birthday cake myself. I made a unicorn cake for her, it had four layers of funfetti cake with vanilla butter cream. It looked like a rainbow inside with the multicoloured sprinkles. It was a success and everyone loved it. I'm so proud of myself and impressed at how well it came out. I made a gold horn and ears for it out of fondant which I painted with gold luster dust. I don't like the cake smash trend and wanted to do something abit different and special for her. I've always said since she was born that she's my little unicorn because she's so unique and one of a kind. Her birthstone is opal which is one of the most unique, diverse and beautiful birthstones. I feel they represent her well. No Opal gem is the same just like how she's one of a kind. It wasn't the easiest thing to make but was so much fun and I'll have the memory forever <3
I decorated the room with #1 banners and birthday princess balloons :)

She had a lot of fun playing with the balloons. I might go as far to say they're one of her favourite things to play with over her toys. She does that cute baby thing where they bend down to pick up the balloon but end up kicking it with the end of their feet so they have to chase it but keep doing it over again haha.

Isabelle at 12 months. 

As I'm writing this shes half way through 12 months. She just got another 2 teeth this week so she now has 4 teeth at the top, 2 at the bottom and 6 teeth in total! They have been coming up in pairs for some reason, every time shes teething the same matching tooth on the other side pops up as well. 

She learnt to dance as you can see from the photos of her birthday :) Its so funny cause her dance moves are hilarious! She sort of runs on the spot which we like to call happy feet, nods her head, bobs up and down and jigs back and fourth. If she likes a song or you enthusiastically say dance to her she'll start doing it. She has actually grown very fond of jigging. She has a huge smile on her face and laughs while doing it. She does it all the time! She jigs when your holding her, in her high chair, sitting down, standing up, in the bath, you get the picture..

She got LOTS of toys for her 1st birthday that we had no where to put them all so we've done a big transformation in her room so that its more suitable for a toddler now than a baby's nursery. It was a little sad while doing it because me and my husband Luke built her nursery together while I was pregnant. One of my favourite memory's from being pregnant was building her cot in that room. I was sitting on the floor reading the instructions watching Luke put it together. He had put it up with all the bolts screwed in when we noticed the bottom boards where facing the wrong way even though there was a big sticker that said "this way up"! Hahaha. I told him to read the instructions but like a typical man he wanted to it all himself :)

She got a pink trike in fact 2 for her birthday from nanny and grandad which she absolutely LOVES. She wants to ride it all the time just at home round the house. She much prefers going out to the park ect in this then in her pram, I think because its more open so she feels less confined. Her view isn't obstructed by the pram hood either so she can see everything that's going on. Its easier to get her in and out of too. I think she feels more involved and like shes on a ride then strapped into something she can't get out of. They also gave her a swing and shes been having so much fun playing with that in the garden. Hopefully we'll still have some nice days left before rainy & cold winter weather stops us from enjoying it. 

For her birthday we got her first pair of proper walking shoes. As you know shes been walking for months since (she was 8 months old). I've got lots of videos of her walking at home or bare foot in the grass this summer but now winters approaching and she'll be walking on wet muddy ground we got her a pair of ugg boots to keep warm and a pair of proper shoes. When were out she wants to be walking around with us instead of being in the pram or one of us holding her. Luke would carry her everywhere saving my bad back but she cries to get down to walk by herself. Safe to say the shoes were a much needed and enjoyable gift for her. Its a big thing their first pair of proper shoes and its giving her much more independence when out. Shes very confident in her walking and I couldn't be more proud of her. Why is it though children's shoes are SO expensive?! For something so tiny that only last a few weeks/month how do they get away with charging so much! Iv got my eye on these adorable sparkly converse with rhinestones and bows but I'm struggling to justify the cost!

We had to get her a new car seat which I feel is a big thing because its around 12 months they need a new one so it marks them turning one for me. She's swapping the one she had since birth for a big girl car seat now shes one that will last till she's 5. It brought back memories of us bringing her home in her first car seat. She was so tiny in it we thought she'd never fit it. Even in her white snowsuit and wrapped in a blanket there was loads of room left, and now shes completely out grown it with her head coming over the top. I absolutely love her new car seat though, we got the Joie 360 spin car seat and its amazing! Its super easy to use and I'll be doing a review on it in a couple of days so look out for that.

The First Year - An Open Letter To Isabelle

The last 12 months have been incredible. It's been the best year of my life despite my struggles with cancer and all the other illness's I have because it was the year I had YOU. I will forever cherish you and the memories of your little hand wrapped around my finger when you were a newborn. Your delicious newborn smell is forever locked in my mind. The sweet contented sound you made when I breastfed you as you gazed into my eyes. Your little snores as you slept on me. The first time you smiled at me. When I made you laugh for the first time, it was one of the greatest moments of my life and the best sound I've ever heard. The first steps you took between me and your dad.
The bond we share I'll cherish forever. I loved you before I even knew you, before I saw your face, before I was even pregnant I loved you. The feeling of life kick inside me is something I'll never forget. In you Ive found a love so pure and greater than anything else in this world. The love I have for you my child is indescribable. Your smile lights up the world. Yours are the most beautiful eyes Ive ever seen. I'm so proud of you Isabelle Lilly Richter. You are the best thing that I have ever done. Happy 1st Birthday Angel. 

FAMILY is what matters most in life. I hope you never forget that as you grow up. This is the moment you was placed on my chest. Luke kissed me as I kissed you. This is what love truly is. We was scared but we knew in this moment we would do anything to protect you. That we would die for you and spend the rest of our lives loving you.
I promise to always take care of you, be here for you no matter what, love you forever, put you first before me or anyone else, be the best example for you that I can be and to remind you everyday that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL <3

Im going to finish this post off with a poem that my mum wrote for me and my sister when we was toddlers. Now Isabelle is a toddler and I'm a mum myself I can really appreciate this peom on a deeper level than when I first heard it as a child. It also makes me feel quilty about fighting with my sister so much!

Oh mum!
Another morning,
Another day,
Another nappy,
And then off to play.

Another knee,
Another flour,
Another plaster,
A kiss once more.

Another yell,
Another fight,
Another evening,
A kiss good night.

Another story,
Another cheeck,
Another kiss,
And then off to sleep.

Good night my darlings,
It's the end of a long day,
But I'll see you tomorrow,
When you can resume play.

<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Baby Food Brands

The Best Baby Food Brands   Hello lovelies, here's a list of my top 4 best baby food brands that I would recommend to other mums. I started weaning my daughter Isabelle when she was 6 months old, she is currently 16 months old so I have been using these brands for coming up a year and can honestly say after using them for so long that they are the best quality baby food brands you can buy from most supermarkets in the UK. You don't need to go into a health food/speciality shop or buy online to get these, you can just buy them from your local supermarket knowing these are the most nutritious baby food brands you can give to your baby. Making your own baby food is of course the best and cheapest option but not everyone always has the time so these are a great alternative. My favourite brands of baby food that I love and use are: Ella's Kitchen Cow & Gate Babease Kiddylicious Ella's Kitchen is my number one top pick because they're organic a

Baby 11 Months Old Update: Isabelle Lilly

 Isabelle Lilly  11 Months Old Update    Wow another month has flown by in a blink of an eye. It is officially the beginning of autumn which not only means the beautiful colour of leaves changing but her 1st birthday is right round the corner. Cant believe in just a few short weeks shes going to be one!!! I could cry at the thought :') Milestones She gained 2 extra teeth this month! It's horrible for them when their teeth are cutting through but I'm pleased that she can have more solid food now than mostly purees. She's using her teeth to cut through pieces of food and tear chunks off. When I give her snack and finger food like the Kiddylicious veggie straws (vegetable crisps) she'll press them down on her 2 bottom teeth to cut bits off so eating is more fun for her.  One of the thing's she's learnt that I'm most proud of is laughing, smiling and clapping to get our attention over crying. I'm thrilled by this because I

How To Start Weaning A Baby

How To Start Weaning A Baby As a first time mum I didn't know where to start when it came to weaning a baby. I think for most people we don't even think about it until well after pregnancy and when we've actually had the baby. Even then I think for the first few months your trying to get the hang of breastfeeding or bottle feeds that nursing, taking care of your new baby and praying for sleep is what were focused on. Once the initial newborn bubble is over that's when I thought about weaning. I want to share the knowledge I gained while researching and experimenting with weaning my own baby onto solid food. I definitely know a thing or two about it now, in fact I feel like a weaning pro and I hope this helps alot of mums. To have all the information you need condensed into one space from a real mother that's been there and done it. I answer the most common questions mums ask about weaning and share my own weaning journey with my daughter Isabelle. Signs your