Skip to main content

Baby 11 Months Old Update: Isabelle Lilly

 Isabelle Lilly

 11 Months Old Update 

 

Wow another month has flown by in a blink of an eye. It is officially the beginning of autumn which not only means the beautiful colour of leaves changing but her 1st birthday is right round the corner. Cant believe in just a few short weeks shes going to be one!!! I could cry at the thought :')

Milestones

She gained 2 extra teeth this month! It's horrible for them when their teeth are cutting through but I'm pleased that she can have more solid food now than mostly purees. She's using her teeth to cut through pieces of food and tear chunks off. When I give her snack and finger food like the Kiddylicious veggie straws (vegetable crisps) she'll press them down on her 2 bottom teeth to cut bits off so eating is more fun for her. 

One of the thing's she's learnt that I'm most proud of is laughing, smiling and clapping to get our attention over crying. I'm thrilled by this because I would hate for her to think bad/negative attention is better than no attention and for her to recognise positive behaviour gets positive back is incredible. She also reaches her hand out towards us now to get us to look at her which I think is really sweet. Its kind of like her way of saying "look at me" or "look at what I'm touching". Her level of intelligence just amazes me. Its truly outstanding the things shes already cotton on to and can do.

Playing is her favourite thing. Her personality has really started to shine. She loves to play games and now finds it funny when you chase her. She squeals with delight while wobbly running away. She actually initiates it and lunges at you to egg you on, its pretty cute. I'll pretend to eat her and tickle her once I catch her which isn't hard to do when she's falling over cause her little legs can't keep up haha and shell burst into fits of giggles :) Its so adorable she just melts my heart. She also likes to play this game with one of our Dogs Bella (shes a miniature poodle) where she throws a ball for Bella to chase or Isabelle will run away with the ball to make Bella chase her. It amazes me that she even knows the concept of how to play a game like that. That she knows what to do in order to get that reaction from others to make them play with her is so smart. Watching them play is the sweetest thing and something iv imagined since I was pregnant. I always wanted her to have a friendship with the dogs and for them to play together. She doesn't quite know how to stroke them yet as its more like a slap than a pat.

She's started to bring me the books she wants me to read to her. She also really likes singing and will try to mimic the tone you use. She's found her voice and likes to shout/scream a lot.

Discovering Wild Mushrooms

Little Love In Leaves

Shes such a happy little girl. Every one comments on it including strangers. She's nearly always smiling and laughing about something even when she's sick.

She's lost some baby fat and slimming down from all the walking about. She's so active she literally doesn't sit down or stay still at all! I don't know where she gets this much energy or stamina from to walk and stand constantly. She wants to climb everything too! She can climb up onto the sofa, up the stairs, onto chairs, literally anything she can get her leg up on she can climb. Shes been standing in her bath for ages, refusing to sit or lay down in it but now shes actually trying to climbing out so were spending most of the time trying to keep her in it! Another thing with bath time is shes discovered the fun of splashing and soaking everyone, oh the joy. 

Because she's so active Me & Luke have started taking her to a play area for her to run around and climb stuff in. She absolutely loves it! Its so much fun for her and us. We can choose to play with her or just let her do her thing while we grab a coffee and have a moment to ourselves even though all we do is watch her and talk about what shes doing anyway haha. It's great because when I'm sick Luke can take her without me and just go nuts running around with her and I don't feel guilty as its their bonding time.

Her hair has darkened which I'm secretly a tiny bit sad about and has the cutest curls at the end that curl up at her ears. 

My fave thing she now does is she sometimes scrunches her nose when she smiles or laughs like me <3 

That's all I can think of right now. I feel like the 11 month mark doesn't feel as big as the other months of development because them turning one is your main focus. This is when your planning their first birthday, getting all the bits ready, organising everything for the day and buying presents. I just feel so excited for her 1st birthday but really emotional too. I've made a collection of all the videos I've taken since she was born as a keep sake for her 1st year of life. I'm looking forward to celebrating my first year of motherhood and her first year of life :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Baby Food Brands

The Best Baby Food Brands   Hello lovelies, here's a list of my top 4 best baby food brands that I would recommend to other mums. I started weaning my daughter Isabelle when she was 6 months old, she is currently 16 months old so I have been using these brands for coming up a year and can honestly say after using them for so long that they are the best quality baby food brands you can buy from most supermarkets in the UK. You don't need to go into a health food/speciality shop or buy online to get these, you can just buy them from your local supermarket knowing these are the most nutritious baby food brands you can give to your baby. Making your own baby food is of course the best and cheapest option but not everyone always has the time so these are a great alternative. My favourite brands of baby food that I love and use are: Ella's Kitchen Cow & Gate Babease Kiddylicious Ella's Kitchen is my number one top pick because they're organic a

How To Start Weaning A Baby

How To Start Weaning A Baby As a first time mum I didn't know where to start when it came to weaning a baby. I think for most people we don't even think about it until well after pregnancy and when we've actually had the baby. Even then I think for the first few months your trying to get the hang of breastfeeding or bottle feeds that nursing, taking care of your new baby and praying for sleep is what were focused on. Once the initial newborn bubble is over that's when I thought about weaning. I want to share the knowledge I gained while researching and experimenting with weaning my own baby onto solid food. I definitely know a thing or two about it now, in fact I feel like a weaning pro and I hope this helps alot of mums. To have all the information you need condensed into one space from a real mother that's been there and done it. I answer the most common questions mums ask about weaning and share my own weaning journey with my daughter Isabelle. Signs your